Electile Dysfunction

In all my years of writing and reading blogs, I never could've imagined authoring a post like this one. For all the histrionics people say about Trump doing this or Trump saying that, I'm sitting here on a Saturday night wondering if I've had a front row seat to a rigged primary election.

One thing I've always liked about our past elections was California BallotTrax. This third party company notifies you via email or text any status changes for your ballot. Everything from when it's mailed out to you to when it's counted by the local Registrar of Votes, and every event in between you're notified. It gives everyone confidence our mail in voting system is safe and secure.

This year I smell a rat, and not the kind in Tewksbury. 

I usually mail in my ballot within a week of receiving it, and this time it was delivered to the Registrar of Voters on May 15th. However, I have yet to receive any further updates from BallotTrax. I find this very troubling since 73% of my Congressional district's ballots have already been counted as of this morning. 

I haven't discussed this with my sister, the lone Democrat I'm on speaking terms with on a semi regular basis, but I've spoken to Bert and my Libertarian next door neighbors about this. After doing so, I discovered we have something in common: We all voted early and none of us have received confirmation our ballots were counted.

I look forward to the Department of Justice looking into matters. If we can't guarantee fair elections in California, then there's nothing stopping this from happening in the other forty nine states in November.

Comments

  1. hopefully the true rats are discovered and eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I also mail mine back within days, but I have never failed in days also to get a response back saying they received it.

    One thing that always irked me about trump was he has repeatedly said he hate mail in voting and thinks it should stop, but yet he votes by mail. Both sides have said they question it...TILL it works in their favor. You can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative title! I always vote in person, but I know a lot of people that don't and they've always said they receive a response quickly. I'm sure Illinois will be a mess when it's time to vote for governor. Pritzker needs to go but I will not be surprised if he somehow wins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Title, always Vote by Mail myself too. AZ doesn't really give tracking but I don't have any conspiracy theories about it, they had the Ninjas or whoever the hell they were, scrutinizing Maricopa County and couldn't find any proof or evidence and Lord knows they looked hard to. So, I do Hope there are no Rats in your State, I'm tired of all the Political Theater and tend to be very Anti-Partisan and Moderate... all this division and blaming is getting annoying, we should be a UNITED States of America and not treating fellow Americans like enemies just becoz they may have different points of view and different things matter to each person depending upon their life experiences. That said, this Prez has been a Career Criminal since the 1970's and so I never thought him fit to be Trusted in such an important high position that impacts lives of all Americans. A consummate Conman and Grifter is what he has always been and always will be, I feel he's Asset Stripping America and will Bankrupt the Nation before he's finished, that does concern me for our Future Generations. I'd like our Kids, Grandkids and Great-Grandkids to have a Future, the Younger Generations deserve more than they will inherit and have to clean up the carnage of now. Okay, my mini rant is now over. But Electile Dysfunction is the best description I have ever heard, Bravo, it's very Clever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment