Monday Morning Musings

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

The weather. The heat wave is ongoing, and it’s often accompanied with humidity. Le Crash Pad doesn’t have AC so getting a proper night’s rest has been a challenge most nights.

This weather has induced me to plan… more on that below.

WHERE I’VE BEEN

I delayed the Barnes & Noble trip due to Pride Weekend but I stopped by Supercuts to hack off most of my hair. My "summer" cut was necessary to adapt to this miserable weather that's not going anywhere.

WHERE I’M GOING

Miku’s top may arrive this week, which requires another dealership visit. Otherwise I don’t plan on going anywhere. I don't lead a dull life. I just don't need to be anywhere.

WHAT I WATCHED

The San Diego Padres, unfortunately. 

Despite Sunday's annihilation of the Kansas City Royals, A.J. Preller needs to be fired. Their farm system is barren. They’re stuck with huge salaries for underperforming players. At times they play so poorly they can make a last place team look like the Los Angeles Dodgers. FML.

WHAT I READ

The last volumes of The King’s Beast and I Have A Crush At Work. I’ll miss those manga series. I’m also caught up on my J-Novel backlog of titles, so I’m free to tackle the latest volumes of High School DxD and Date A Live.

And don't worry about that explicit content warning. What's in there is likely tamer than those annoying boner pill ads that plague YouTube.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

Nothing out of the ordinary. Anyway…


WHAT I ATE

Last night I opened the 2023 Wagner Vidal Ice I picked up at Total Wine and paired it with crostini covered in goat cheese and slightly mashed blueberries. It was a great “dessert” pairing to deal with the ongoing heat wave.

THE KIER STARMER AWARD GOES TO…

The FDA. Did Taylor Farms give Taco Bell diners an excuse to run for the restroom instead of the border? Or didn't they? This is the kind of (mis)information wankers shouldn't publicly announce unless they're prepared for lawfare.

As for Taylor Farms, I wouldn't be shocked if they're responsible for the outbreak. Their salad products almost always made my digestive system feel wonky for a day or two after their consumption. I staged my own boycott of them long ago.

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

Spo! The Porch Gods blessed me on Tuesday and I had a devil of a time keeping mum until he blogged about it. Part of me wants to wear it as soon as the weather cools, yet I fear I’ll do something stupid to ruin it like spill red wine or tomato sauce on it.

If you own a Spo shirt, I’m sure you understand this dilemma.

WHAT I’M PLANNING

I’ve booked two August stays in Temecula Valley. One is an overnight stay that I paid for with my points. The second stay is for two nights, just enough time for me to detach from most things local.

After an upcoming dental appointment I’ll sit down and create a reasonable budget for a three night getaway for my upcoming birthday. I wouldn't mind eating at Si Bon in Rancho Mirage again.

WHAT MADE ME SMILE

On Friday I bought the dip on Coca-Cola (KO). I couldn’t resist a bargain when the only reason its price fell is due to a cyber attack at one out of thousands of plants they own.

I also completed The Kortz Center Heist a couple of times in GTA Online. It’s not the banger everyone wanted but I like the option of selling the stolen artwork or keeping it to decorate my character’s mansions.

Comments

  1. We have AC as it's a must in Arizona or you'd Cook inside Le Crash Pads here... but our Utility Bill went up a whopping $190 for this Month... I blame it on the abundance of Data Centers they've now built in a Desert and near a Metropolis that already has strains on the Energy Produced... short term Greed = Long Term Disastrous consequences, but, what's New? A Getaway sounds good, early Happy Birthday to you, I'm Celebrating mine next Month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how you handle the heat/humidity without AC. I don't think I would be able to sleep at all. Love the shirt and I hope you get to enjoy your get aways soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment