Unlike Dr. Fauci...
Okay. That's my political joke for the day. I've got a few things on my mind before it melts during the new heat advisory/warning that was just issued this morning.
My usual hotel replaced the flooring in the first floor suites. This was a welcome surprise since we all know carpet keeps a room hotter during the summer months. The AC was at a constant 72 degrees but in hindsight I should've lowered it to 69 or 70 at night to match the outdoor temperature at sunrise.
I'll get another chance to do so next week. I've made arrangements to stay in one room if I book a separate reservation for an additional day. That's exactly what I did upon my return home. Next week I have a two night stay instead of one, and one of those evenings is already paid for via accumulated points.
***
My mini vacation turned out to be a working one. I stumbled upon a defense company called Parsons Corp due to their stock (PSN) tumbled by 35% to 40% on Tuesday morning. Ara ara!
I did a little research and it turned out the market was unhappy that it lost a huge defense contract. The company's financials were otherwise sound. I took a flier on their stock before I left for my trip, but only 10% of the total worth of my stock trading account rather than the customary 25%.
I sold the stock this morning for a 5.4% gain. The proceeds nearly pay for the extra night I just booked.
***
Yesterday Caterpillar's (CAT) tumbled roughly 6% due to one analyst downgraded their stock. I bought the dip since this blue chip company will announce their quarterly earnings next week. I feel it's a good candidate to rebound either short term or long term, so I'm happy to hang onto it for a little while.
I also picked up Pulmonx (LUNG) as both a short term bet and as a curiosity. It's my first "penny" stock but I do see some upside. If you or someone you know has COPD, then you're likely familiar with this company's equipment and products.
I only invested about 7% of my account into it. If it tanks it's a loss that will offset my recent gains. If it continues to climb, then I hope to make 10% off my investment.
I can't help but wonder if I've stumbled upon a side hustle by doing this stock trading.
***
Finally, here's what I really want to get off my chest. Bolt Man really pissed me off during my mini vacation. I don't like to use the term TDS, but lately he's been lashing out over Orange Foolius.
He often clashes with Bert over this, and during my trip it was my turn to feel his angst. I won't give the blow by blow account of what was said Tuesday evening but I'll say this:
- He feels people like me are criminals because we avoid paying taxes. I pay both foreign and domestic taxes and comply with IRS rules regarding foreign investments and tax credits.
- He says I don't need Social Security. I paid into the system every year from age sixteen up until my retirement, and the government has confirmed I'm entitled to my fair share of FDR's legalized Ponzi scheme once I turn 62.
- He's leaning into socialism. My father highly likely killed Commies in Korea and Vietnam so you already know how I feel about Communism with other people's money.
I ignored all of his texts yesterday and I'll continue to do so until I discuss this at length with Bert. I'm unsure if I'll continue to remain friends with Bolt Man, but one thing our spat confirmed is that I should never consider having him as a future roommate. His intolerance of opposing views is not welcome, especially if I end up buying a home or condo in the near future.
Sorry for this mini rant, but I needed to let this one out so I can move on with my Thursday.
I hope Fauci tell them to go fuck themselves. That party did shit to help with Covid. I thought it was great he did what he did...not answering....just so they could take any possible answer and twist his words.
ReplyDeleteHa...good one! The hotel room looks nice, and I do love the flooring they upgraded to. Sad to hear about the situation with your friend. I wouldn't want to be around anyone so vocal about what I do either, especially commenting about not needing social security. You (all of us working actually) put way more money into it than we will ever get back so I agree, take is as soon as you can before it's gone. I think a lot of the people saying they want communism truly have no idea what they are talking about. We are living in crazy times. Stay cool!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of the situation with your Friend, your business is your business and you paid into The System so should collect when it's your Age to do so. Some people have a very difficult time hearing different points of view or accepting anyone not exactly like them. As for Fauci, I'm glad he didn't respond... dredging up stuff so far back in the Past just seems like a distraction when they're not appropriately Dealing with stuff now that they should be focused upon. I don't give two shits about what happened 5-6 Years ago, I do Care what is happening now and what they plan to do to make sure the Future is secure and prosperous for our Future Generations. People who fantasize that they want Fascism, Communism, Totalitarian Regimes, Dictators in America generally have zero point of reference of Countries already under that kind of Oppression and Control... most have never even traveled outside of their puny little Circle of influence where they have always lived. Ignorance isn't bliss, it's just ignorance. Glad your sideline of Trading is working out so well.
ReplyDelete