Monday Morning Musings

WHAT’S ON MY MIND

A new round of edits. When I used Gemini to create rough drafts of a query letter and a synopsis, I realized I need to edit my manuscript further. Sci-fi romance novels are typically between 70,000 and 90,000 words and my word count is currently about 95,000. A handful of scenes need further editing for a greater impact on the story, and once that's done I'll need to get this beast tamed to 80,000 words.

WHERE I’VE BEEN

Besides the one day getaway I went nowhere this week, but don’t feel sorry for me because…

WHERE I’M GOING

I leave for a wine club pickup disguised as a two day “writer’s retreat” tomorrow afternoon. I’ll dine out for three of my five meals, and I hope to spend a fair amount of time editing the manuscript while I’m up there.

WHAT I WATCHED

I tried watching The Dangers Of My Heart movie and then realized halfway through it’s a compilation of the first two seasons of the anime. I checked out shortly afterward.

WHAT I READ

An old issue of Writer’s Digest, plus the latest Palm Springs Life and Wine Enthusiast issues. I’m also about halfway through the latest High School DxD volume.

WHAT I LISTENED TO

KSDS Jazz 88.3, our local but internationally renowned jazz station. I had no idea 206 different countries have streamed this station to date!

WHAT I ATE

It was too hot to pair anything with a properly cooked dinner so here’s a picture of Saturday morning’s veggie omelet. I paired it with a cup of Peet’s Major Dickason’s Blend coffee.

THE ANDY BURNHAM AWARD GOES TO…

MLB. Money can’t buy happiness but it can sure buy World Series championships. Those wankers need a salary cap ASAP or else they might as well leave the trophy in La-La-Land.

Dishonorable mention: Bolt Man. I waited a few days to read his follow up texts. Rather than apologizing for spoiling my vacation and disrespecting me, that wanker continued to explain why he's right. I responded by quietly deleting my messaging account.

WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP

The staff at SpringHill Suites. Although I’ve been away for several months most of the friendly, familiar staff is still there and remembers me.

WHAT I’M PLANNING

I don’t think these round of edits will take me two months but I hope to have them completed by mid-September.

WHAT MADE ME SMILE

My investments are doing well enough to absorb the impact of the recent auto maintenance and repairs.

With the heat wave behind us I’m taking Miku up north this time. I look forward to dropping her top when I drive to and from the restaurants.

Comments

  1. Too bad about your friend. Some people just can't help but inject their personal beliefs into other people's lives and it is sad to me. We're all different and that really is a good thing. The omelet looks amazing. Enjoy your week and your trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment