π€ WHAT’S ON MY MIND?
The term Return on Time Invested (ROTI). Over the weekend I gave this space Blogger’s equivalent of a BBL after I took a good, hard look at my favorite hobbies:
Stock trading: My portfolio’s +21.45% Pretax YTD return is outperforming both the Dow Jones (+15.19%) and the S&P 500 (+14.54%), undeniable proof I should take this more seriously.
Writing: The only viable publisher for my sci-fi romance novel is Kindle Direct. Given the current literary landscape, I can’t fathom how I’d make enough in royalties to afford a proper Cabernet Sauvignon.
From an ROTI perspective, stock trading wins hands down. It offers explosive potential for immediate cash flow while my long-term investments continue to do their own thing in the background. Outside of blogging, my writing days are likely over.
π§³WHERE I’VE BEEN
I visited my buddy Jared. My diamond earrings were inspected as required per my lifetime repairs package and there were no issues. I casually looked at watches as I waited, and if it weren’t for the fact I love the ones I already have I would’ve brought one home.
π️ WHAT I BOUGHT
The Porch Gods delivered this Anker 140-watt charging station. It rapidly charges my Switch and Samsung tablet simultaneously, and the popup outlets can handle the Surface Pro 11. When paired with optional 100-watt Anker USB-C charging cables it’s the perfect travel companion.
π WHERE I’M GOING
It’s time to pack for another three day/two night wine country getaway! My modest (in size only) wine fridge is nearly full, so there’s no need to shop for reds or whites this trip. When I’m not dining out or monitoring the stock market, I’ll likely pass the time relaxing on a West Elm trundle sofa in air conditioned comfort.
πΊ WHAT I WATCHED
The Padres are now hitting their stride, and soon a handful of front line players will return from injury. They're back in the wild card hunt, but can they also catch the Dodgers? I don’t know but it’ll be fun to watch them try — assuming I’m near my TV or tablet when the game’s on.
π WHAT I'M READING
I’m wading through Imitation, Volume 9 but that’s not a dig. Most manga volumes run between 150 to 180 pages, but this Korean manwha routinely clocks in at around 300 pages. I tend to immerse myself into the story, so finishing a volume within two reading sessions is impossible.
π§ WHAT I LISTENED TOOnce in awhile YouTube unearths a hidden gem, and on Saturday night its algorithm gave me Fastway’s “All Fired Up” music video. Even though jet powered, mutated Plymouth ‘Cudas have long since vanished from the drag racing scene, I loved watching them get “all fired up” as they lined up and raced during their song.
π· WHAT I PAIRED LAST NIGHT
A 2022 Callaway Special Selection Zinfadel with an Italian sausage sauceless pasta. I made two servings, so guess what I’m having for leftovers tonight?
π THE ANDY BURNHAM AWARD GOES TO…
Dictator Gavin Newsom. His Temu Shinkansen is going bankrupt before it ever departs a station, his wife’s diaper deal stinks like someone ate too much protein and if we need a new car in 2035 our only choices are EVs. Now this wanker has embraced socialism while our state’s homeless population explodes and teenagers use social media to arrange “takeovers” — a fancy term for a crime spree.
California dreaming? It's more like a nightmare.
π€πΌ WHO DESERVES A FIST BUMP
Next month’s Suzuka 1000k endurance race. The entry list reads like a who's who of international road racing and Japan’s Super GT. I’m crossing my fingers the race will be streamed gratis on GT World’s YouTube channel.
π WHAT I’M PLANNING
Tackling my Nintendo Switch game backlog. I played Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy for the first time this week, and with the latest software updates I can play them hassle free during my upcoming trip. I also have titles like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2 and WRC 8 waiting in the wings.
π WHAT MADE ME SMILEThe second season of Reincarnated As A Sword debuts on HIDIVE in October. LFG!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment