Trading For Tannins: This Week's Wins & Losses
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post is not financial advice and is for educational and tracking purposes only. I am not a licensed financial advisor. The trades listed below are not recommendations to buy or sell any security. Trading involves significant risk and you can lose money. Always do your own research before investing. Please note that I will not answer questions about my trades, strategies, or general stock trading. Please consult a licensed financial advisor.
I could easily tell you what happened during my latest winery adventure, but I thought I’d do something a little different and give you a peek behind the curtain. I often cite how my trading profits finance my wine club purchases, accommodations and dining but the truth is I’m not living some fake, glamorous life. Stock trading is boring, and sometimes it can be very stressful. While I do well for myself, the reality is I take at least one L for every win.
This past week, I only made a net gain of 0.47% due to my own hubris. I made a big gain on one stock right out of the gate and then I took a few chances I shouldn’t have. At least what I ended up with paid for the wines shown above, and my hope is three stocks I’m holding might pay off next week.
WHAT I BOUGHT
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) @ $243.72.
- Purchased a few days before their earnings release.
Suja Life (SUJA) @ $6.63.
- This stock fell 60% intra day, and I thought it could rebound.
Verizon (VZ) @ $46.02.
- Added to hold a dividend stock in my portfolio.
SanDisk (SNDK) @ $1,286.68.
- Liked the entry point after the AI sector dropped.
Western Digital (WDC) @ $454.08.
- Capitalized on the recent tech sector volatility.
Simon Property Group, Inc. (SPG) @ $222.22.
- Purchased ahead of next week’s earnings release. Its annual dividend yield also makes it a compelling hold in my portfolio.
WHAT I SOLD
Caterpillar (CAT) @ $928.
- Pocketed an unexpected 14.6% gain.
Apple (AAPL) @ $302.76.
- The gain was enough to pay for a vending machine soda.
Suja Life (SUJA) @ $6.28.
- Exited after the stock lost 5% of its value.
Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) @ $237.78.
- Sold at a 2.44% loss after today’s earnings release after dropping 5% from purchase.
WHAT I’M HOLDING (FOR NOW)
Verizon (VZ)
SanDisk (SNDK)
Western Digital (WDC)
Simon Property Group, Inc. (SPG)
My strategy: My current plans for SNDK and WDC are to hold them until I can secure a 5% or greater profit from a future sale. SPG could also be sold under the same conditions, but I’m inclined to hold it and collect the dividends if its price falls.
Now that I’ve gotten this off my mind, I could use a glass of wine. The only question is which bottle should I open this weekend?
Comments
Post a Comment