The only thing that inflated my morning was this brand new portable air compressor The Porch Gods delivered before dawn. My only beef, and a minor one at that, is that I need to set it at three pounds above what I want. That's approximately the amount of air that will hiss out of the tire when I unscrew the air hose.
I just happened to visit Callaway Vineyard & Winery on the same day The Barrel Tree was being constructed. This will be fully kitted out with decorations before I visit again on Saturday.With the mood I was in, I visited Meritage for a proper "pub" lunch. Chicken pesto flatbread, fries, and a Ron Murkundy pale ale really hit the spot. My bill including tip was just under $300 due to...... me acquiring a 2015 OPR Cabernet Sauvignon for Christmas at a very generous discount. I was so shocked when I received the final bill that I decided to tip 30% for both the meal and the bottle!
Bottle #47 out of 2020 is going to make one hell of a Christmas present to myself over a three day period next month.

The picture of the barrels at the winery looks like gin delivery day at the Casa du Borghese!
ReplyDeleteHa! And thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
DeleteThat flatbread looks very good!
ReplyDeleteIt's normally paired with a wine, but the server there recommended the hazy IPA and it's absolutely delightful.
Delete