Friday, September 4, 2026

Trading For Tannins: This Week's Wins & Losses

Quick Note: I’m just documenting my weekly stock trading journal and personal performance for informational purposes, not as professional financial advice. Buying and selling stocks is inherently risky, so please check out my full disclaimer and risk warning at the bottom of this post before making any trades.

šŸ· MARKET TURBULENCE & HOW I (MIS)HANDLED IT

This was a challenging week, and I won’t sugar coat it with a dessert paired with a glass of Port. World events rattled the market in ways I haven’t navigated before, and I adjusted my trading strategy accordingly. I made some good trades this week, but I also made some questionable moves that cost me money in both real dollar losses and missed opportunities. 

  • I sold SanDisk Corp (SNDK) for a nominal gain, and then panic sold Ciena Corp (CIEN) during Thursday’s Power Hour. If I had held onto them, I could’ve pocketed +5% gains on both sales during Friday’s opening bell. 
  • Buying LULU (Lululemon Athletica Inc) after Friday’s opening bell crash repeated a mistake I made with an earlier trade: never buy a stock when it drops just above a psychological number barrier.

FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) goes against my trading rules, but when I view those three trades collectively I noticed a pattern that my head wasn’t in the game. I removed myself from Friday’s trading session, perhaps my smartest move of the week, to both preserve this week’s gains and give myself a head start to clear my head over Labor Day Weekend.

I've already made my biweekly profits sweep, so let's review...

šŸ“ˆ THIS WEEK’S PERFORMANCE: 

Please note: My core strategy guidelines, which include updates on how I measure success, have been moved to a permanent page. Please click on Robzilla’s Rules on the tabs bar below the blog title to review them.

  • Trade record: 6 wins, 2 losses, 7 ties (6-2-7). My Oracle Corp (ORCL) trade was a disaster, but I quickly offset it with a few intraday trades. I also made significant progress chipping away at my SanDisk Corp (SNDK) wash-sale addition to the point my next trade with the stock will only carry a nominal addition to its average cost basis.
  • My portfolio’s growth: Nominal gain. I didn't hit my 1% goal but I'm still pleased with the dollar figure of this week’s results. 
  • Does this week's profits sweep pay for a trip? Absolutely! I’ll even tell you about my most recent winery getaway at the end of this post. 

šŸ¦ MY TRADING DIARY

To maintain strict personal privacy, all individual share quantities and raw dollar values are omitted. Instead, allocations are tracked conceptually by entry targets and realized percentage gains.

MONDAY

  • I purchased TTWO (Take-Two Interactive) after the opening bell dip. Even with a wash-sale addition, I felt it was a good opportunity to make a short-term gain. 
  • DKS (Ulta Beauty Inc) was sold for a +2.6% gain after the opening bell.
  • MU (Micron Technology Inc) was sold for a +1.0 gain to free up capital after sideways action.

TUESDAY

  • I purchased MRVL (Marvell Technology Inc) and LITE (Lumentum Holdings Inc) at unexpectedly low entry points after an opening bell sell-off.
  • I dumped ORCL (Oracle Corp) at a -4.1% loss to preserve capital.
  • I sold MRVL (Marvell Technology Inc) for a nominal gain after a midday rally stalled. I did the same with LITE (Lumentum Holdings Inc), but pocketed a +1% gain.

WEDNESDAY

  • I purchased MRVL (Marvell Technology Inc), SNDK (SanDisk Corp) and LITE (Lumentum Holdings Inc) after an opening bell dip. 
  • I sold BBY (Best Buy Co Inc) for a nominal gain and KVUE (Kenvue) for a nominal loss to reshuffle my defensive dividend position.
  • I purchased GLPI (Gaming and Leisure Properties Inc) and VICI (VICI Properties Inc) to replace BBY and KVUE in my portfolio. Both traded near 52-week lows and offer higher annual dividend yields.
  • I sold TTWO (Take-Two Interactive) for a nominal gain to free up capital after sideways movement.
  • I sold SNDK (SanDisk Corporation) and MRVL (Marvell Technology Inc) for +1% gains at the peak of their midday rallies.
  • LITE (Lumentum Holdings Inc) was sold for a nominal gain near the end of Power Hour.

THURSDAY

  • I purchased VSXY (Victoria’s Secret) at a discount after an earnings miss.
  • I also bought SNDK (SanDisk Corp) despite its sideways movement after the opening bell.
  • I sold VSXY (Victoria’s Secret) for a +3% gain about an hour later.
  • I sold SNDK (SanDisk Corp) for a nominal gain after a brief rally that stalled.
  • I purchased CIEN (Ciena Corp) at the beginning of Power Hour believing I’d make a short-term gain on it.
  • I panic sold CIEN (Ciena Corp) for a nominal loss after it dipped over 1% within twenty minutes.

FRIDAY

  • I bought the dip on LULU (Lululemon Athletica Inc), believing I could replicate my VSXY success once I felt it had found its floor just above $100.
  • I dumped LULU (Lululemon Athletica Inc) for a -1.7% loss to preserve capital after its price fell below a psychological number barrier for an extended period of time.

🦈 VICTORIA’S SECRET: WHEN BUYING LINGERIE IS A WINNING MOVE OUTSIDE THE BEDROOM

I was shocked when Victoria’s Secret (VSXY) was severely punished over missing its quarterly revenue estimate during Thursday’s pre-market session. During its opening bell sell-off, when it fell nearly 14%, I did my due diligence on the company to possibly buy the dip. Once I determined its financials were sound and the stock found its floor, I deployed capital with the caveat I will bail out if its price dips 2% below its average cost basis.

The stock rallied as I digested my breakfast, and once the rally stalled I exited my position with a 3% gain — the best outcome I could ever hope for on an intraday trade. 

šŸŽ¶ AFTER HOURS: EVERYBODY’S HOLDING FOR THE WEEKEND…

As Loverboy’s anthem with alternate lyrics loops in my head, I hold the following open positions as of Friday’s closing bell. Please note, investments labeled with an asterisk are part of my portfolio’s dividend defensive position:

  • HRL (Hormel Foods Corp)*
  • O (Realty Income Corp)*
  • GLPI (Gaming and Leisure Properties Inc)* 
  • VICI (VICI Properties Inc)*

šŸ§³šŸ· FINALLY, MY LATEST WINERY ADVENTURE

I just returned from a bittersweet trip to Temecula Valley, but before I get into the bad news let’s start with the good stuff. 

I visited Lorimar Vineyards & Winery for the first time, and I was quite impressed with the highly rated reds I sampled in the tasting room. I eagerly signed up for their top tier Symphony Club on the spot and left the tasting room with a quartet or reds. Between Lorimar and Callaway, I believe I can assemble a diverse, premier collection of red and whites for my weekly pairings.

Live music makes Lorimar’s outdoor patio a midweek lunch hot spot. An impressive crowd was entertained with 70s soft rock, and I feasted on this ember fire fold. The combination of sliced steak, roasted red bell peppers, mozzarella cheese and chimichurri within imported, fire baked Italian bread thrilled my palette when I paired it with a Malbec.

Now for the bad stuff...

Not long after I returned home, I received word that Callaway's Meritage restaurant will only be open Friday thru Sunday going forward. While this is disappointing news, I don’t mind turning Callaway into my weekend day trip destination. I can have lunch at Meritage and then enjoy a complimentary glass of wine at the members only Vu Deck while listening to the live musicians below. I can also incorporate my bimonthly wine club pickups within that itinerary.

Now that would be a fantastic way to spend 4-5 hours on a Saturday!


NOTICE TO READERS: The content in this post is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute financial, investment or legal advice. The trades listed are not recommendations to buy, sell, or hold any security. Trading stocks and options involves substantial risk of capital loss, so always do your own research before investing. I am not a licensed financial advisor. I’m not qualified to answer questions regarding trades, strategies or general stock trading. To protect operational privacy, I also do not disclose the brokers, platforms or software used to manage my portfolio.

2 comments:

  1. You seem to be doing very well with the Trading, Bravo. And the Food Porn looks good, even tho' I'm not a Drinker, so would pass on the Vino.

    ReplyDelete